This is my personal blog being used as a news portal for another web site. News I find interesting will be posted here and then picked up via the RSS feed to use on another site. Please contact me with any questions.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Surgeon folds origami crane smaller than a penny with robotic arms

Surgeon-daVinci-origami.jpg A Japanese surgeon showed the precision of the DaVinci surgical system by folding a classic origami crane using the machine's robotic arms. What's more, at the end of the video it's revealed that the crane is no bigger than a penny. Now that's precision folding! Next time I go under the knife, I'm handing my surgeon a piece of origami paper. If he can't make it happen, I'm flying to Japan and looking for the doctor from the video to treat me.

DVICE: Surgeon folds origami crane smaller than a penny with robotic arms

Blog Archive